Saturday 17 March 2012

Brasserie Wolf - Casual French Dining

Some officemates and I headed over to Brasserie Wolf at Robertson Quay for a Friday night dinner last week.  I recommended the place since most of us were craving for steak, and I had been here a few times before and enjoyed the casual ambience.

For starters, we had the Portobello Mushroom Salad (SGD 16.00).  The mushrooms were gigantic and the stalks were stuffed with goat cheese.  Great contrast between the pungent cheese and the subtle portobello.

Portobello Mushroom Salad (SGD 16.00)
Our table also had the Chicken and Foie Gras Terrine (SGD 17.00).  I thought the foie gras portions here were too tiny to enjoy.
Chicken and Foe Gras Terrine (SGD 17.00)
The last of the starters were the Rock Oysters (SGD 28.00 for 6 pcs).  These  huge oysters were incredibly fresh, so hats off for that.
Rock Oysters (SGD 28.00 for 6 pcs)
As I mentioned, our table was craving for steak.  Some of us (including me) had the USDA Prime Sirloin (SGD 40.00).  Even if I asked for my steak to be cooked rare, the meat was a little on the tough side.  The cut had a little bit too much muscle for my liking.  The fries were also average, and I thought more creativity could have gone into preparing this.
USDA Prime Sirloin (SGD 40.00)
Others opted for the more premium Argentinian Tenderloin (SGD 47.00).  I tried this and thought this was definitely a much better option.  The cut was extra thick and the meat was really soft.  The peppercorn sauce on the side was also a nice accompaniment to the beef.
Argentinian Tenderloin (SGD 47.00)
Some hits and misses in our orders, but overall still a good dining experience.  I have always enjoyed my visits here, and will still recommend them for those looking for casual French dining.  If you are opting to order steak, do order the tenderloin over the other cuts.


Brasserie Wolf
80 Mohammed Sultan Road
#01-13 The Pier @ Robertson
Tel #: 6835 7818

No comments:

Post a Comment