Thursday 25 August 2011

Pizzeria Mozza - Pizza by Mario Batali

One of the things I love about Singapore is the selection of celebrity chef restaurants that you can try out.  One of my favorite restaurants is Pizzeria Mozza by Mario Batali located in Marina Bay Sands.  They not only serve incredible food, but the price is also very reasonable.

What I absolutely love about this place is how everything is so simple.  The place is very casual and homey.  The layout of the menu is very clean, and I like how all the dishes' names bring highlight to the ingredients used.  It's how I picture Mario Batali would cook up a dish on his shows -- he would take the freshest ingredients from allover Italy and create a simple yet superb dish.

For starters, we had Chicken Liver with Capers, Parsley and Pancetta (SGD 17.00).  I am a huge fan of chicken liver, and this bruschetta just hit the right spot for me.  The liver had no bitter aftertaste whatsoever since it was cooked with the perfect balance of zest from the capers (I thought I tasted some lemon too).  I would actually be satisfied if I were to eat this alone as a main course.
Chicken Liver with Capers, Parsley, and Pancetta (SGD 17.00)
We also had some Fried Goat Cheese with Umbrian Lentils (SGD 16.00).  This was also very delicious.  The rocket and lentils were a fantastic combination.
Fried Goat Cheese with Umbrian Lentils (SGD 16.00)
Chicken Wings alla Diavolo (SGD 18.00).  This was probably the most "okay" dish of all.  Not really too much to say about it, but probably would have been good if I paired it with some beer.
Chicken Wings alla Diavolo (SGD 18.00)
For our first pizza, we had the Funghi Mist, Fontina, Taleggio and Thyme (SGD 28.00).  This is a mushroom and cheese pizza.  This is a light pizza with just the right amount of saltiness from the different cheeses.  What I love about the pizzas here in Mozza is the crust.  Oolalaaa... I love how chewy it is!  It's not a thin crust nor a thick crust, but I just love the consistency.
Funghi Mist, Fontina, Taleggio, and Thyme (SGD 28.00)
Our second pizza was the Bacon, Salumi, Fennel Sausage, Pancetta, Tomato, and Mozarella (SGD 37.00).  This is for serious meat lovers like me.  My husband found it too oily/ meaty, but I thought it was just perfect.  The sausages had a sweet aftertaste which had a hint of licorice.  This satisfied all my meat and protein cravings for the week.
Bacon, Salumi, Fennel Sausage, Pancetta, Tomato, and Mozarella (SGD 37.00)
The desserts were also divine!  My friends and I ordered a different dessert each.

I had the Butterscotch Budino: Maldon Sea Salt and Rosemary Pine Nut Biscotti (SGD 15.00).  Whoever invented the salty-sweet mix is a hero to me!  I love love love the taste of rock salt paired with the butterscotch.  The salt brings out the flavor of this dessert without overwhelming the tastebuds.
Butterscotch Budino:  Maldon Sea Salt and Rosemary Pine Nut Biscotti (SGD 15.00)
One of us had the Banana Gelato Pie: Hot Fudge and Candied Hazelnuts (SGD 17.00).  I had a bite of this, and the crust was very yummy.  I could see how this could get very heavy though, so do share this if you order it.


Banana Gelato Pie: Hot Fudge and Candied Hazelnuts (SGD 17.00)
My other friend ordered a trio of Milk Chocolate Malt, Olive Oil, and Vanilla Gelato (SGD 16.00).  I know that Olive Oil gelato sounds downright crazy but there is something about the subtle taste of extra virgin olive oil that just works with gelato.  It's hard to explain, but all I can say is that it is definitely worth a try for the adventurous folks out there.
Milk Chocolate Malt, Olive Oil, and Vanilla Sorbet (SGD  16.00)
My husband ordered the Melon Sorbet (SGD 16.00).  This was a little too sweet for his taste, so don't expect any tangy or sour sorbet if that's what you're looking for.
Melon Sorbet (SGD 16.00)
As you can tell I am a huge fan of this restaurant.  If you are like me who enjoys a simple italian cuisine made from the best ingredients, then do come to Pizzeria Mozza.  I will definitely be visiting this place again soon.  You will need to make reservations at least 1 to 2 weeks in advance though since they get quite full especially on weekends.


Pizzeria Mozza
10 Bayfront Avenue
Marina Bay Sands (it's in front of the Theater)
Tel#: 66888868

No comments:

Post a Comment